How to recover a corrupted Word file
Microsoft Word documents recovery software
Recovery Toolbox for Word
Recovery Toolbox for Word helps to repair corrupted Word and Rich Text file in few clicks.
How to repair text from a corrupted Word file
Step-by-step instructions on how to repair text from an unreadable Microsoft Word file or Rich Text file. These instructions help to extract text from a corrupted *.doc, *.docx, *.dot, *.dotx, *.rtf file, any version and size, in just a few clicks:
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Word from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForWordInstall.exe
- Install Recovery Toolbox for Word on your computer
- Start Recovery Toolbox for Word
- Select a corrupted Word file on the first page of the program
- Click Analyze
- Preview the repaired content from a source Word file
- Click Start Recovery
Recovery Toolbox for Word is powerful text recovery software for extraction texts from damaged Microsoft Word documents (*.doc, *.docx, *.dot, *.dotx files) and Rich Text Files (*.rtf files).
Main features of the Microsoft Word recovery tool:
- *.docx recovery from Office 2007/2010/2013/2016/2019 files.
- *.doc files recovery of ASCII and Unicode texts.
- Export the recovered texts directly to Microsoft Word.
- Recovery of texts from Rich Text Files (*.RTF format)
- Microsoft Word file recovery program uses proprietary heuristic filters to exclude garbage elements into a recovered documents.
- Microsoft Word recover utility can save recovered texts as *.txt files.
- A flexible and intuitive GUI available in 14 world languages in the Microsoft Word fix program.
- The Microsoft Word text recovery tool is compatible with and successfully tested under Windows 98/NT 4.0/2000/Me/XP/Vista/7/8/10.
- Several different algorithms for deep text recovery of Word files different formats (Microsoft Word 95/98/2000/XP/2003/2007/2010/2013/2016/2019).
- DOCX Viewer Tool
- View and repair damaged Microsoft Word files
- Show the contents of corrupted Microsoft Word files
- Extract texts from bad DOCX files
How to recover a docx file when you are unable to open a *.docx file? Recovery Toolbox for Word helps you recover a Word file corrupted by virus or antivirus. In addition, it can recover a corrupted Word file truncated during delivery. Recovery Toolbox for Word can fix Word documents copied from non-work flash USB drives.
Free DOCX File Viewer
Recovery Toolbox for Word is very convenient to use for viewing the contents of a DOCX/DOC file of a Microsoft Word - a damaged, standard, or both Word document. The tool can work as a viewer for DOCX files, even if you do not have Word or Office installed. The tool allows you to open and view any DOCX files for an unlimited number of times.
Recovery Toolbox for Word provides a full preview of texts from Word/Rich Text files similar to how it is implemented in Microsoft Office. The tool would open DOCX files for viewing, even if they were damaged. Plus, it's free for an unlimited number of times.
How to Open a Corrupted DOCX File for Free
How to Restore a Word Document
- Download, install, and run the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for Word.
- Select a damaged .docx file.
- Run the analysis of the damaged DOCX file.
- Review the text from the restored Word document on the preview page.
- Export restore data to a new document or Word file - available in the full version.
How to fix a Word file
- Windows 98/Me/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 or Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and above
- Installed Microsoft Word for exporting recovered texts into Microsoft Office directly.
There are several services that may be able to open, read and possibly even repair text from corrupt Rich Text File document on iPhone. Just open https://word.recoverytoolbox.com/online/ in any browser. Select corrupt .rtf document, enter captcha, wait, download repaired file after payment.
You can try to use Recovery Toolbox for Word for free. Just download, install and run Recovery Toolbox for Word from https://word.recoverytoolbox.com/ and select corrupt Word 2019 .docs file on first page of tool. If you’ll find lost page on preview then this software can help you.
You can use OpenOffice, Recovery Toolbox for Word or online repair service here: https://word.recoverytoolbox.com/online/
Microsoft Word informs you: the file is corrupted and cannot be opened. In this case you lose crucial information like text. Then go through this manual and know how to recover text from corrupt .DOCX file of Microsoft Word: Run Recovery Toolbox for Word; Select corrupt .DOCX file on first page; Press Next; Press save as Text file submenu item.
The last chance is a third-part non-Microsoft tools or service. Run Recovery Toolbox for Word. Select corrupt Word 2007 file (.doc extension). Press Next. Press and select Start Recovery | Save as text file item.
Please select a damaged Microsoft Word or Rich Text file (files with *.doc, *.docx, *.dot, *dotx, *.rtf extensions) on the first page of the repair wizard in Recovery Toolbox for Word
Customer's reviews and ratings
I used this program to repair a damaged Microsoft Word 2007 file. During the fix, the text on the second page was restored without formatting, on all the rest it retained its style.
MS Office 2007 does not read the content of the document because it was damaged due to improper use of the flash drive. The document was repaired well, if you do not take into account the formatting of text and tables.
After I cracked the password of a Word 2007 document and saved it on top of the current document, it started showing the error "A file error has occurred" and stopped opening the file. After restoring the .DOC file, I noticed that the text was restored completely, but without formatting.
When opening a document in MS Office Word, the program cannot find out the encoding of the file. I tried to sort through the available encoding options, but it did not help. An unreadable encoding file was fixed using the software, but since the file was in Turkish, some characters were replaced with Cyrillic.
I was able to recover a Word file with errors. The recovered .RTF file, after the online fixing, had to be edited, since in some places the spaces between the words were large and in some words there were hieroglyphs (maybe because the document was in Turkish). Text restored at 90%
This is very helpful. I lost some important data on the word doc and made several manual attempt but was unsuccessful. This online doc recovery toolbox helped me recover my original document. Thanks a lot. Steven Boping Norman Finance Limited Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
thanks a lot
I used the services of the company, online, just two days ago. Even with using a new SDD external harddisk, with one day before the deadline to submit some papers, suddenly, I couldn't open the documents, because they were "corrupted". I really panicked and I found this company on the web. As the price was fairly low (even for an SE Europe scientist, as I am), I submitted one document, just to try. The answer came fast. It was, let's say, 90% saved (the images were missing but this was not a problem). Immediately I submitted the second and most important document, an article. I was very upset because I worked several months for it (my mistake, not to save it on the main computer, at least each second week). I got the recovered document, with an absolutely perfect content. Even now, I am still astonished how well the document was recovered (only the fonts and some formatting were different). Thanks again, Prof.Dr. Corina Ionescu- Babes-Bolyai University, Geology Department, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I used the software to recover 2 documents, only half the info was restored. Better than nothing.
Tool can recover all text. But images and tables was not repaired.
My word docs were completely recovered. It's all what I wanted.
Product can be applied every to old PCs. Not for free and costs not a little.
Best of the Word doc recovery tried (not saying much). Recovered a partial version of a file, but it was a version several saves prior.